Friday, April 22, 2016

No More Excuses....

Sweater: H&M (gift); Tee: J.Crew Factory (cute option); Jeans: Zara; Booties: Vince Camuto; Belt: Target
Handbag: Stella & Dot; Shades: Stella & Dot (black version); All Jewelry: Stella & Dot

I realize that my t-shirt reads blah, blah, blah, and what I'm about to tell you could be misconstrued as just words, but I'm hear to tell you that I'm trying not to make any more excuses about not blogging! 

I could tell you that I'm tired, that it was a mama night to put McKinley to bed, that it's 9:30, that it's midnight, that I was crafting, that I was cleaning out the DVR, or simply that I just wasn't in the mood. And lately that's been a lot of it. I just haven't been in the mood. I haven't been motivated to get dressed. I haven't loved what I actually wore that day. I didn't have anyone to take my picture because my husband is getting tired of doing it. And, that I've been focusing all of my energy on getting my business up and running.

But I miss it. I miss sharing my looks with you, when I like what I put together. I've missed sharing styling tips with you because that's part of the business of blogging. And, I've just missed writing. I know that blogging about my day to day fashion isn't true writing, but it's a creative outlet right? And I need to carve out time during the day to get back to what I really love, fashion!



This is a new sweater, a gift from my mom, when she shopped at H&M for me several weeks ago. (Remember the chic jacket? This was from the same trip.) This sweater is like wearing butter, if you could wear butter, and I'm obsessed with the length. It's been great for chilly spring mornings and it will be even better on chilly fall days. It's the perfect layering piece and I love how it looks with a graphic tee, distressed jeans, and my all time favorite booties!


And what about this raffia bag! It's from our Stella & Dot summer collection and it's a Limited Edition! Get one now before they're gone for good! I've literally carried from the minute I pulled it out of the box! The essential summer bag!

 


It's Friday!! And it's a busy weekend for us! It's my hubby's birthday this weekend so there will be cake decorating, crafting for McKinley's gift to him, a possible date night, and watching him paint while he's on the roof. What's going on in your world?

Have a great weekend, Fashionista's!

No comments: