Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Dressing for Spring...

Vest: Zara (cute option); Tee: Boden; Jeans: Ann Taylor (similar); 
Sandals: Pour la Victoire (similar); Jewelry: Stella & Dot
Lip Color: Revlon HD Matte in  Love

It can be hard to dress for spring around here due to the fact that the weather is so inconsistent! It's 75 one day, 51 the next, raining buckets another day, and 81 after that. On this particular day, it was humid, but not terribly warm, so I went with lighter layers. And I couldn't be happier that it's finally sandal weather! I've missed all my open toed shoes!

I love the stripes against the eyelet. The stripes play peek-a-boo under the subtle circles making it a little playful. And I liked keeping the vest open. However, I think I might add a thin belt over the self-belting next time. It will add a little dimension. Adding a nude shoe keeps the focus on the stripes. Plus, you know how I feel about trying to match navy's. Just don't!




The Vest: Before and After

   
 

If it weren't for McKinley getting up around 6:00 this morning, this post may have never happened. Yesterday is a blur as we had so much going on. By the time bedtime rolled around, I realized I had never blogged, but when your child asks you to lay down with him and sing him to sleep, you simply can't refuse! Definitely not an excuse for not blogging in my world!

It's a stormy morning around here with rain forecasted all day! I'm thinking it could be a pajama day! But, I'll be back tomorrow with some Wednesday Wants that I've had my eye on! Until then....

No comments: