Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Another Dollar General Find....

Dress: Dollar General; Jacket: My Mom's; Handbag: Kooba; Booties: Vince Camuto; 
All Jewelry: Stella & Dot

Whenever my family and I take the trip down to my parents house in Southern Missouri, my mom and I always find a reason to head to town. What we really want to do is hit the local Dollar General and buy scratcher tickets at the grocery store. We live it up on vacation! And whenever we visit DG, I always find a good find. Like camo maxi dress! I got this last fall and only worked up the nerve to wear it this spring. I always worry about cotton and it's ability to tug and pull on all the wrong places on my body. But when I put it on for a lunch date with my friend Stacy, it actually fit in all the right places!! I will definitely make this a staple come summer.

In order to make it appear to fit better, I'm going to talk about something we women never share. Undergarments. No, I didn't wear Spanx, although I own several pairs. I wore non-cotton granny panties! That's right, granny panties! The full coverage ensures that all my unflattering parts are nicely covered and the non-cotton doesn't allow the cotton of the dress grab a hold and never let go. It's worse than static cling! I recommend a jersey blend material to achieve this type of look. And make sure they are seamless!

 



The Denim Jacket: Before and After

    

These booties are simply the best booties I've ever owned! They are the perfect heel height for the copious amounts of walking we do and they literally work all year round!
  

 

When it comes to shopping, I have to repeat myself when I say never underestimate bargain shopping! Walmart, Dollar General, and K-Mart have provided some of the cutest pieces that have become staples. And I never want to hear "I can't afford to shop" when there are pieces like this that are under $15!!! A cute, trendy piece that will last season after season.

No comments: