Monday, April 11, 2016

A Statement Jacket

Jacket: H&M (check stores for avail); Tee: Who What Wear for Target; Jeans: Joe's Jeans;
Heels: Ivanka Trump (cute option); Shades: Prada; All Jewels: Stella & Dot;  
Lip Color: NARS Heat Wave 

Last Thursday my mom treated McKinley and I to lunch at Nordstrom Cafe. It was in honor of McKinley's fifth birthday and I just got to tag along and enjoy. The perks of being the mom of the birthday boy!! We dined on salad, pizza, (mac/cheese for McKinley) and my mom and I toasted McKinley with wine while he drank water. It was the best way to continue celebrating age five, if you ask me!

After lunch we strolled the mall and let the birthday boy do just about whatever he wanted to do. He got new tennis shoes, a Build-A-Bear dog he named Blackie, and a horse trailer with truck from the toy store. I got a couple of new things as well. I had a gift card to JCPenney where I got a cute summer top. My mom gifted me with a few things from H&M. One of them being this oh so chic, Aztec inspired print jacket. I first saw this statement piece when McKinley and I went on the Easter Bunny tour on the Plaza several weeks ago. It had been on mind ever since. When a green and cream print vest caught my eye on Thursday, I couldn't help but look for this stunner. Turns out, it was one of three left! And just my luck, they had my size. 





 

When styling the jacket, I wanted to keep the focus on the amazing design. A cream tee, skinny jeans, and coral heels were all this look needed. That and some incredible fun jewels to compliment it! (And don't tell anyone, but I wore it the next day as well. Post to come....)


Happy Monday, Fashionista's!!

No comments: