Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Capeness

Cape: Boden (other colors); T-Neck: French Connection (similar); Jeans: Loft
Booties: Sam Edelman (similar); Handbag: MbyMJ (fun option); Shades: Prada; 
Jewels: Stella & Dot; Lip Color: NARS Heat Wave

 Sunday was a mama day, and when I say mama day, I mean I got to spend the afternoon with my mama! I was way overdue for an afternoon that was just for me. And when I found out that I was going to get the chance to do mama stuff, I called my mom and filled her in. We met at Town Center and shopped for shoes, bras, and spring pieces for our wardrobes. We then hit Loft for jean shopping! I walked away with new jeans, without holes, yet are casual and chi enough for days at the zoo, farmstead, and other McKinley friendly outings. It was a lovely afternoon.

Speaking of lovely, the weather was lovely as well. I didn't need a coat, but I knew I wanted something with a little coverage. I also knew it was time to break out the cape that I have dubbed Capeness. It's greatness in a cape. It's the perfect weight, the color is gorg and so cheerful, and it's simply classic in design. Dark jeans, a cream t-neck, and leopard booties completed this mama look!






 There are times when I take a mama afternoon and feel guilty while doing so. This time, I didn't! I really enjoyed my time alone, well with the company of my mom. I could shop, browse, and have a conversation without being interrupted and told how much someone doesn't like going to mama stores. You know, sometimes mama's just need a break!

Can you believe we are in February? I feel like this color combo is a nod to the Valentine's Day celebration that's on the horizon! I can't wait to start sharing some of my heart day finds with you! 

Have a great day, Fashionista's!

No comments: