Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Spring to Fall

Denim Dress: JCPenney (great option); Belt: Ann Taylor (fun option); Heels: Coclico (staple pair); 
Shades: Target; Rings: Gorjana (similar); Necklaces: The Zoe Report/Stella & Dot; 
Bracelets: Kate Spade/Tulip Boutique; Nail Color OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

I love a piece that can be worn season after season. This denim dress was something I wore in late spring for a day out with McKinley and if it ain't broke.... I wore this dress yesterday for another day out with McKinley and I love that I can take it from spring to fall! Yesterday we went to story time at the library, had lunch with Meme, and then I ventured out to the grocery store while he opted to stay at Meme's and play. I would have chosen that as well! But, having a dress like this to get me through a busy day, just enhanced it's closet power!

I had a hard time styling the shoes. I literally tried on every "fall" pair I could think of that weren't four to five inch heels. I love the booties with dresses/skirt trend, but it cut off the length of my leg, and it left my legs looking stubby. Not a good thing! I'm not ready for tall boots, it just feels too early, but it turned chilly this afternoon, so maybe I should have worn them. In the end, a low neutral heel was the way to go.

Styling Tip: Be mindful of trends. Again, I love the bootie trend that's currently taking place, but be careful of length. A bootie that comes over the ankle, but a skirt that comes to the knee, you run the risk of cutting off half the leg. Don't do it! A tall boot with the same length skirt, that's okay. Just play with proportions and make sure you're showing off those gams!!




 The Dress: Before and After

   
 
 

One more thing, when looking at pieces that you want to take you from season to season, invest in key pieces like a denim dress. What I love about this one is the length, the versatile sleeves that can be rolled up for a 3/4 look or rolled down for a full sleeve. This will be great paired with a chunky sweater and tights. There are so many ways to style it which makes it a wardrobe staple!

Hope your Wednesday is stylin!

No comments: