Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Peackock Inspired


 Jacket: My Mom's (similar); Top: Ann Taylor (similar); Shorts: J.Crew Factory (similar); 
Sneakers: Converse; Hat: Target; Necklace: Stella & Dot/Tori Spelling via HSN;
 Shades: Karen Walker via Gilt
 
I mentioned in yesterday's post that McKinley and I spent the afternoon at the farmstead. We visited all the animals around the farm, but the most impressive of the day was the peacock! He was literally strutting his stuff that afternoon with this feathers on full display! He was gorgeous and the colors within his train, bright greens and royals blues, were something of an inspiration. Hence my Sunday look for our family trip to the zoo.

These bright green shorts are pretty close to the greens in that beautiful peacock. And, I just love the color. I had all but forgotten about this striped tee and so glad it has reentered my wardrobe! A perfect combo against a bright color. The denim jacket didn't last very long, it got hot quick, but I don't usually leave home without it. Throw on a hat, sneakers, and a statement necklace, and you're out the door.



 

The Top: Before and After

   

Isn't this necklace a stunner? I don't wear it often, it's fairly heavy, but this look needed a little pop of something and this guy totally fit the bill...no pun intended!


 Jacket: My Mom's (similar); Top: Ann Taylor (similar); Shorts: J.Crew Factory (similar); 
Sneakers: Converse; Hat: Target; Necklace: Stella & Dot/Tori Spelling via HSN;
 Shades: Karen Walker via Gilt

Do you ever draw inspiration from nature when putting a look together? Even the backdrop was a perfect setting! Those wild flowers are glorious!

Hope you're having a stylin' day!

No comments: