Thursday, September 3, 2015

On the Heavy Side

 Top: Anthropologie; Tank: Banana Republic; Jeans: Loft; Sandals: Rachel Zoe;
Necklace: Kendra Scott; Earrings: Gorjana; Shades: MbyMJ; Lip Color: NARS Heat Wave

Do you ever have one of those days, weeks, or months where you just feel fat? You've gained a few extra pounds and you just feel awful. And feel like you look even worse. Well I'm dealing with that right now and I hate it! I'm not dieting, I can't stand that word, but I am trying to cut back on desserts and carbs when not needed. And I'm working in green and fruit smoothies for meals. Not sure that will actually work, but it might make me feel a little better down the road.

This is the kind of look I put together when I'm not feeling like my svelte self. Not that I'm ever really svelte! The jeans, my normal size, still fit but I added an over-sized top to hide the flaws! I actually love the look. I am into over-sized pieces, this dress inspired it all, and this feels like an easy transition look. Add a few accessories and a pop of color on the lips to pull it all together.

 

 
Styling Tip: When wearing over-size pieces, make sure you keep everything else streamlined. My jeans aren't terribly baggy, a no no with a blousey top. And try to wear some form of a heel. Had I been going out, I would have put on the highest heel possible! Heels definitely elongate everything!


 
Top: Anthropologie; Tank: Banana Republic; Jeans: Loft; Sandals: Rachel Zoe;
Necklace: Kendra Scott; Earrings: Gorjana; Shades: MbyMJ; Lip Color: NARS Heat Wave

What do you do to combat those days of feeling a little on the heavy side? Do you go full on elastic waist or try to hide the flaws with strategic pieces? If you're not careful, you could go into dangerous territory of making yourself look bigger than you want! 

The weekend is almost here! And it's a three day weekend to boot. Any big plans on the horizon? Speaking of boot, I think after Labor Day it's time to break them out! My favorite time of year!

No comments: