Thursday, September 17, 2015

Cocktail Confessions: Not Your Mama's Cherry Coke

When I started thinking about this week's cocktail, I wasn't really all that inspired. It's not quite fall, but summers not over, and with Starbucks already serving Pumpkin Spice, I knew I didn't want to go down that route so soon. So I headed down to my parents bar and just stared at the contents in the liquor cabinet. The Cherry Brandy immediately caught my eye. I grabbed that and the vanilla rum and headed back to the kitchen. 

I mixed the two with club soda and it just didn't have the taste I was expecting. My mom suggested Coke. Great idea! I tossed the original drink, grabbed a Diet Coke and started all over. The result, a kicked up Cherry Coke that we have dubbed "Not Your Mama's Cherry Coke"!

What You'll Need:
Vanilla Rum, Cherry Brandy, Diet Coke (or Coke), Maraschino Cherry's 
and their juice


 

Add one shot of Vanilla Rum. Sorry for the super close up! I was taking the photos and pouring at the same time. Not an easy task!


Next, add one and a half shots of Cherry Brandy. I love the color!!! A gorgeous deep red!

   

Fill it up with the Coke of your choice! The regular Coke will make it a little more sweeter than the Diet. Stir!


 Add a small spoon full of the Maraschino Cherry juice and a couple of cherry's for garnish.


 This is so good!! Like, I would drink several so good! And it's kind of the perfect end of summer drink. A say make one tonight!

Cheers!



No comments: