Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Soaring Around the World

Top: H&M (similar); Shorts: Rachel Zoe (similar/$10); Sneakers: Converse
Belt Bag: MICHAEL Michael Kors (fun option); Hat: Standard Style (old/similar); Shades: Target

Instead of a DIY project, I'm bringing you another outfit post. I am currently working on the Elegant Chair, but I'm not at point where I can share tons of details. We are cutting fabric, laying out pieces to figure out how they will go back together, and questioning our upholstery skills. We're a little in over our heads!

Speaking of over our heads, McKinley and I hit World's of Fun last week for a last hoorah before school starts. After this week, the amusement park will only be open on weekends, so we took advantage of some weekday fun! It was a hot one and I had second thoughts regarding the polyester top. Cotton would have breathed a little more, but it all worked out. A little breeze would blow from time to time and the rides provided a little coolness as well. All in all, my little birds were perfect for soaring around the world on a Thursday afternoon!




 The Top: Before and After

     
 
 


Top: H&M (similar); Shorts: Rachel Zoe (similar/$10); Sneakers: Converse
Belt Bag: MICHAEL Michael Kors (fun option); Hat: Standard Style (old/similar); Shades: Target
 I hope to share some chair updates next week. It's coming together, just not at a point to really talk. And, I've got a cool tool from my dad to try and clean up the castors on the bar cart. So many little details that will hopefully lead to beautifully completed pieces!

Have a fabulous Tuesday!!

No comments: