Tuesday, August 25, 2015

First Days

 Top: Loft (old/sweet version); Shorts: Ann Taylor (old/similar here); Sandals: Seychelles (old/similar here); 
Belt: Target; Bracelet: Ann Taylor; Shades:MbyMJ

McKinley started Pre-K a week ago and I can't believe he's a "Pre-K Kid"! We did all the obligatory things you do on a child's first day of school. Cute outfit, check! First day photos, checked! Lunch after school, check! My little four year old is getting so big and I just want to freeze time!


Because it was his first day, I couldn't take him to school in my typical boyfriend jeans look. First days are special. I originally thought this dress would be great, but in hindsight, this mama can't really wear white when headed to lunch! I immediately envisioned strawberry stains and chocolate chip cookie finger prints in random places on the dress. Instead, I went the cute shorts and feminine top route. Still in the "white" family, but one has to live on the edge for fashion, no?


 

The Shorts: Before and After

    


Top: Loft (old/sweet version); Shorts: Ann Taylor (old/similar here); Sandals: Seychelles (old/similar here); 
 Belt: Target; Bracelet: Ann Taylor; Shades:MbyMJ

I have always loved the first day of school! I didn't love school, I loved the social aspect of school. And I loved the challenge of getting dressed every day. Some things never change!

Happy Tuesday, Lovelies!!

No comments: