Thursday, July 30, 2015

Cocktail Confessions - Smores Cocktail

 When I think of summer, I think of pool time, sunshine, family vacations, backyard BBQ's, beer, and Smores around the fire pit. So far, we've had the pool time, sunshine, family vacay, my dad's BBQ, but no time around the fire pit to make those Smores. And I've been craving them! So if I can't have the actual outdoor dessert, I decided to make it a drink! Nothing like an adult version to cap off an evening. Again, it's dessert in a glass. I could get used to this!

Here's what you need:
Your favorite Vodka, a Chocolate Liqueur, and all the fixin's
Chocolate for Shaving, Crumbled up Graham Crackers, Marshmallows

 

Fill your glass full of ice. Add one shot of Vodka and don't spill it all over the place like I did!


Add one shot of the chocolate liqueur. I poured it into the glass before taking a pic. Since I spilled the vodka everywhere, I didn't want to do the same with this and stain the tablecloth! Stir to combine.


Add your toppings. I added a few pinches of the crushed Graham Crackers and shaved a little chocolate over that. Mix.


I added a few mini marshmallows for a finishing touch. You can use any size, but the minis are so cute! You could also layer mini Hershey bars between the marshmallows!


And there you have it! A Smores in a glass. My mom said it tasted like chocolate milk. Souped up chocolate milk! In my opinion, it was missing something. It was a little flat so I added a splash of Vanilla Vodka. That really made a difference. It just needed something on the sweet side. And, if you didn't want to go with Vanilla Vodka, make a simple syrup to add. Just as tasty!

It will definitely leave you wanting Smore..... Cheers!

No comments: