Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Fancy Shoes

 Top: J.Crew; Jeans: Loft; Shoes: Coclico; Jacket: Banana Republic;
Handbag: Kooba; Shades: MbyMJ; Necklace: J.Crew

When I got dressed yesterday, I wasn't really giving any thought to my day ahead. I just simply got dressed. I knew I had to run to the grocery store, but our agenda was fairly light. As I was making my shoe selection, I originally tried on flats, but with a change of heart I grabbed these. When we got over to my parents house, we were spending the day with my dad, he commented on my shoes. "What's with the fancy shoes", he asked. I didn't really think about them being fancy, I just I like them. 

But as the day went on, I started thinking more about fancy things and why we save them for later. My mom is infamous for this. She won't carry a nice bag or waits to wear certain shoes or outfit for the right time. With the passing of my grandmother, something that happened so suddenly, it truly is a reminder that life is too short to wait for the right time! So instead of wondering what other people will think when I wear a crazy pattern or style, I'm just going to wear it because I like it. That new handbag that arrived in the mail yesterday? You bet I'm wearing it this week! The right time is today!



The Top: Before and After

    http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2013/01/pink-lady.html



Do you do this with anything in your closet? Wait for the right occasion or just feel it's too nice to wear on a Wednesday afternoon? If so, I challenge you to just go for it! Wear it now! Be fancy, even if it's a Tuesday morning!

No comments: