Thursday, March 12, 2015

Trends Thursday: The Denim Pencil Skirt

The 80s are back in the form of a denim pencil skirt. Why is it that I never hold on to the good stuff? In today's Trends Thursday, we are going back in time! Well, not really back in time, but more like looking forward to spring and the timeless denim pencil skirt. I am hooked on these!

1/2/3/4

Back in the day, I would have paired my denim skirt with a paisley button down from Espirit, Eastland's that weren't tied but knotted, and socks that complimented the colors in the shirt. Oh wait, I did wear that look! I remember it well. It was eighth grade. My button down had khaki and red tiny paisley's and I would pair it with a khaki midi skirt and matching khaki jacket all from Espirit. All over-sized of course because everything was baggy in the 80s. Ah, memories.

As they say, everything old is new again. I just wish I had held on to some of the old stuff. It would save me money in the trends department! If you were a member of the 80s club, did you own a denim pencil skirt? And if the answer is yes, what did you pair it with? What would you pair the current trend with today? I'm going to have to mull that one over!

Happy Thursday, Trendsetters! 

No comments: