Thursday, March 5, 2015

An Evening with Ina Garten

 Top: Joie (similar here); Tank: Ann Taylor (similar here); 
Pants: Ann Taylor (similar here); Shoes: J.Crew (gift); 
Necklace: J.Crew; Bracelets: J.Crew/BaubleBar (similar here)/J.Crew Factory;
Clutch: Kate Spade/Lip Color: MAC Ruby Woo

Last night my mom and I attended a conversation with Ina Garten at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She came to the University to talk about her self-made brand and entrepreneurial spirit. I was so honored to be able to attend a reception for her prior to the event. And after the discussion, I left so inspired, motivated, and optimistic about my future. She is an incredible woman and an amazing spirit!

For the event, I wanted to look chic, but not terribly over-dressed. I thought about a dress, a skirt and top combo, but decided on pants. Paired with my lace top, which has truly been a work-horse in my closet, this look was perfect for the evening! And to be honest, I really wanted to wear these fabulous shoes! Nothing is more chic than black with a touch of gold!

 


 

The Top: Before and After

      http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2013/09/leather-lace.html

 


 
 Top: Joie (similar here); Tank: Ann Taylor (similar here); 
Pants: Ann Taylor (similar here); Shoes: J.Crew (gift); 
Necklace: J.Crew; Bracelets: J.Crew/BaubleBar (similar here)/J.Crew Factory;
Clutch: Kate Spade/Lip Color: MAC Ruby Woo 

I am still in awe over my evening with Ina. A moment I will treasure and never forget. Next up, making my ideas come to life ! Thanks Ina!
As always, see something you like? Need it now? Shop the links!

No comments: