Monday, March 16, 2015

A Mama and McKinley Day

Top: H&M (similar here); Scarf: Piperlime (fun option); Boyfriend Jeans: LOFT (similar here/40% off);
 Flats: Tory Burch (similar here); Bag: J.Crew (gift/similar)); Earrings: Silpada; Bracelets: J.Crew (25% off)/Gorjana/Gift

Last Friday was a "Mama and McKinley Day of Fun" and we did everything he wanted to do. He's been such a trooper while I've cleaned out the garage and assisted my dad in painting our garage, hence the total lack of outfit pics last week. Friday was his day. He wanted to go to the mall, eat pizza in the food court, visit the Disney store and Build-A-Bear, and ride the carousel. There's really not much you can say no to on any of those requests, right? We did it all! And more.

It was a gorgeous spring day, one of many last week, and I was overjoyed to finally be wearing spring colors and light weight fabrics! I immediately reached for my new H&M top, a bargain at under $20, and my fav boyfriend jeans. I thought about chunky jewelry, but that just seemed a little much on this particular day, so I went with a fun scarf. The colors were so complimentary! Flats in shiny silver and a gray cross-body bag complete the look.


 
I know I've said it before, I love a cross-body bag. It's so great when you need to be completely hands-free. I have a couple, but I've found that this smaller version is so much easier to carry. Why, you ask? Because you carry less! Less bulk and weight!


The Scarf: Before and After
 
     http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2014/04/sheer-laziness.html
  


I'm obsessed with pastel colors this spring and I've got so many on my wish list. Lavender and pale pink are definitely at the top! What about you? 

Happy Monday!! We're on spring break this week! WOO HOO!

No comments: