Friday, January 9, 2015

My Beauty in 2015


In keeping with the New Year's theme of goals and resolutions, I am making a goal to try and blog more about beauty and the products I love and use repeatedly, products I really want to use, and the ones I end up trying. 

Lately, I've really neglected my facial routine, especially at night. I'm trying to make a concerted effort to get back into the cleansing process and not let busy nights and bedtime routines be an excuse. As most of you know, I'm a Clinique girl. I've been using their Three Step Program for over 20 years and I'm not about to change now. Don't worry, I will talk all about it in a later post. And while on my quest for clean healthy skin, I'm thinking of investing in a cleansing brush. Clinique has one that I'm researching, but after asking Lucky Magazine beauty editor Jean Godfrey June her opinion, to which she gave it her seal of approval, I'm not sure more research is needed!

I'm currently on the look out for a new mascara. I used a Clinique mascara for years and recently found out that they discontinued it. I was almost in tears! I've been experimenting with a few different brands and fell in love with the Chanel INIMITABLE mascara. But at $30 a tube, and being on a budget, I just can't swing it right now. So, I recently purchased "America's favorite" Maybelline Great Lash mascara. At $3.99 a tube, this is much more wallet friendly. I've only used it once so I will keep you posted on my thoughts. 

Other items I hope to chat about are my favorite drugstore finds, my go-to products for everyday use, makeup application tips that I've learned along the way, what to spend your money on and where to save, and I'm hoping to hear from you regarding topics you would like to have me tackle!


I'm excited about this new adventure in blogging! But, if you were hoping this was the big announcement I talked about yesterday, it wasn't!! Check back Monday for the big reveal! I can't wait! 

Happy Friday, Beauties! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybelline is quite a good brand, actually. I'm not always sure that the prices of expensive beauty products are justified.