Monday, December 15, 2014

Holidays at Crown Center

Sweater: Anthropologie (old/fun option); T-Neck: Loft (similar); Jeans: Loft
Boots: Sole Society (c/o/similar); Handbag: MbyMJ (gift/similar); Shades: Loft
  
Every year we have a tradition of heading down to Crown Center for a day of fun. We take McKinley to lunch at Fritz's, his favorite place to dine, and then head across the street to play on all the over-sized wooden toys. The first year we went, he was only eight months old, so it was a pretty quick trip. At a year and a half, he was barely walking, but we had a blast. Last year he didn't really know what to do first. He was a little overwhelmed and seemed more enamored by the fountains than the toys. This year, he was crazy! He literally ran from one piece to the next. I loved watching him playing, using his imagination for each toy, and asking us to join him on this journey. It was a great day!

It didn't end there. We walked over to Union Station to check out the train displays. I've never seen anything like it. I was like a kid! If it wasn't McKinley telling us to look at something, I was telling him to look! And, to top it all off, he got to ride in a train around the darling Christmas display in the main hall. This was the best day and I can't wait for next year! 

   
Even the weather was amazing! It was a gorgeous mid 50s day with sun. I knew we were going to be outside for most of the day and I didn't want to have to wear or carry a coat. And, I wanted to look a little festive for the occasion. I reached for my favorite sweater, skinny jeans, and boots. The perfect combo for a day of play. What I didn't anticipate was all the walking! My dogs were tired!



This sweater is an oldie but goody. I've had it for years and can't seem to part with it. And, I received tons of compliments on it so I can't even begin to think of tossing it now! It really is the best sweater for this time of year! 

What are some of your holiday traditions? And, how do you try to look festive without going over the top? I can't wait for you to share!

Happy Monday!


No comments: