Wednesday, October 22, 2014

How To Layer for Fall

Denim Jacket: Pointer (similar); Sweater: French Connection (similar); 
Vest: Lands' End (gift/similar); Boyfriend Jeans: LOFT; Booties: Rebecca Minkoff (similar); 
Scarf: Gift; Shades: LOFT; 
Lip Color: L'Oreal Extraordinaire by Colour Riche in Plum Adagio

Saturday I hosted a Holiday Boutique from my driveway, a small home decor business I'm trying to literally start from the ground up, which meant I spent most of the day outdoors. My house faces north so very little, if any, sunlight actually reaches that side. With the temps in the low 50s, maybe even in high 40s, layers were a must when getting dressed!

It all started with the scarf. It was also game day for my Alma Mater and I knew I needed a scarf for the day.  From there, I just started adding pieces. I love this striped sweater and how the scarf pops against the black and white background. I reached for the vest because I didn't really want a wool overcoat. But the vest just wasn't enough protection, so I grabbed my dad's denim jacket. The combination was perfect!  



The Vest: Before and After

http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2014/01/warmer-temps-trip-to-zoo-and-crystals.html
 
And as the sun eventually made it's way to the edge of my driveway, I was finally able to remove the denim jacket! I love the mix of stripes in the sweater with the school colors, mascot, and name!  



When building your layered look, what is the first piece you grab for to being the building process? Layering is one of my favorite things about fall! It gives me a chance to wear some of my fav pieces all at once!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Love love the stripe top under your denim jacket and vest girlfriend!! I love your MU spirit!

xo,
Caitlin

www.sophisticaited.com