Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Date Night at Park Place

I will be the first to admit that my husband and I are in much/overdue need of a date night! However, we are always at a loss of what to do. It seems we always rely on the same thing which is dinner and a movie. I would consider that a rut in the date night department. So, what do we do to jazz things up in the dating world? I'm thinking we need to head on over to Park Place!

I have fallen in love with this center that's lined with brick sidewalks and open lawn seating, and it offers oddles of things to do. I can't wait to walk hand in hand with my guy sharing an evening of fun and food. So, what am I planning to do for date night? Well....


For dinner, we can check out Mestizo by Aaron Sanchez. Aaron Sanchez is best known for being a judge on Food Network's Chopped, but also has this amazing restaurant that offers rooftop seating where you can enjoy live music on Friday and Saturday nights. There is also a "ring of fire" along the patio seating when taking in those cool fall evenings. On the other hand, we are a pretty casual couple, so there are nights when we just want to just to chill. At Pig & Finch, you can just sit along the brick patio, share some wine and flatbread, and just take in the evening air and each other! Sounds pretty awesome!


Now, we aren't big into seafood, but my parents are. And let me tell you, they are way overdue for a date night! I'm thinking 801 Fish is right up their alley! They offer bivalves, which are clams, oysters, mussels, scallops, for only $1 during Happy Hour every Sunday-Friday. My mom would be in heaven!

After dinner I'm thinking we would head over to Paciugo Gelato & Cafe for what else, gelato. And to work off dinner and dessert, I'm thinking a little stroll around Park Place sounds perfect. I'm thinking I'll do a little window shopping while we're at it! Also, I would love to stop and checkout the colorful fish with a tour at Picasso Exotic Aquatics.


We had McKinley three years ago, and in those three years, I've spent two nights without him. I'm always saying that we need to get away, take a vacation just the two of us, but then I just feel like I can't possibly do it! I love to travel, but the thought of going out of town without him sounds impossible. But.... we could do a staycation. We get time alone, never leave the city, and I can be at my baby boy's side in minutes if he were to need me. Sounds perfect. I'm thinking I need to book a reservation STAT for ALOFT! They offer the "Romance Getaway" and "Sip and Stay" packages. Sounds enticing!



There are some other fun things that we could do. We're not artists by any stretch of the means, but creating our own masterpiece at Pinot's Palette sounds kind of fun! And, you can bring your own wine! I am all about pampering and primping, but he's not much for it. I'm thinking I could break him in by getting a couples' facial and pedicure at Michael Shae! Talk about relaxation! And though I like to relax and be pampered, he is all about hitting the gym. I need to get back in the swing of things, and I think taking a his and hers class at Orange Theory Fitness would be a great way to jump start my gym career!



No matter what we actually do, I can't wait to plan our next date night! I'm rooting for dinner at Mestizo with dessert at Paciugo Gelato & Cafe. However, our anniversary is coming up in November so a staycation might be in order. I can't wait to share our date night deets, and looks, soon! 

(This post was sponsored, but all thoughts were my own.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love Park Place!! Kev and I are doing a date night here this weekend! Can't wait!

xo,

cait

http://gussied-up.blogspot.com