Wednesday, July 23, 2014

This is Style My Way....


Top: LOFT; Jeans: LOFT (on major sale); Sandals: Sam & Libby via Target (similar);
Backpack: Coach (similar); Shades: Prada; Earrings/Rings: Gorjana (1/similar); 
Bracelets: Stella & Dot/BaubleBar (similar/similar)/Forever 21 (similar)

Yesterday was the hottest day so far this summer, reaching nearly 100 degrees, so I decided it would be an indoor activity day. I took McKinley to see Plans: Fire and Rescue, which I think I liked more than him. I don't know about you, but when I go to the movies during the summer, I absolutely freeze! I feel like the air condition is cranked to lowest point so I always have to layer! Hence jeans in 100 degree weather!

But, they're white jeans so I'm going to cut myself some fashion slack! And speaking of cutting myself fashion slack, I'm breaking out my darling floral top. It's a peplum top from last season, and they say that peplum's are on their way out, but that's okay with me. I'm getting weary of dressing based simply on what's in and what's out. If this blog is going to be titled Style My Way, then I should dress my way, right? So in and out lists be damned! I'm going to wear my peplum! 

 
 

The Top: Before and After
 





What do you think of fashion in and out lists? Do you follow them to the letter or wear what you feel? 









Have a good one all!

XOXO

No comments: