Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Let's Go Swimming - My Pool Must-Haves


I've been spending a lot of time at the pool this summer with parent/tot swimming lessons and family time on the weekends. I love that McKinley loves to swim as much as I do. I was a total fish when I was little, a lifeguard in my teens and all through college, and now I just love splashing around in the water. 

And because we've been spending so much time at the pool, I pulled together a style board of all my must-haves! It all starts with the suit! The two featured are from J.Crew. There's a great story behind the return of this suit, read it here, and I'm so happy they reproduced it. I owned a version back in 1989. Mine was a gorgeous melon color and I loved it! I have both colors and they are so vibrant! Perfect for summer. 

I've always been a fan of a cover-up that doesn't really look like a cover-up. I've normally worn cute little dresses or shorts and cute top, but this summer I've fallen in love with a simple tunic. It's half dress/half top and the look is so simple yet so chic. Paired with a really cute pair of flip flops and you're done! But I also love a basic denim short with just the suit and flip flops. And as you know from last week's post, I'm in love with my Rachel Zoe pair!

So now you have the suit, the cover-up, and flip flops. Now, you just need something to put it all in. There is nothing better than a bright tote! I love this lime green one! And the pattern is one my favorites right now. I also stash sunscreen (Hawaiian Tropic has always been my go-to), cute shades like these aviators, and a great read. I've always been a fan of romance novels, but in the summer they are simply the best no brainer reads, right? I honestly have no time to read at the pool anymore, I'm too busy keeping an eye on my little one, but I did just read this Danielle Steele novel Happy Birthday and I loved it. 

Check out my style board below! And, as always, shop the links! You won't regret any of these amazing pieces that will get you through the rest of summer!

Bathing Suits: J.Crew; Tunics: J.Crew Factory (1/2); Shorts: Rachel Zoe; Flip Flops: Target;
Sunscreen: Hawaiian Tropic; Shades: Target; Tote: Target; Book: Danielle Steele Happy Birthday

No comments: