Thursday, July 10, 2014

Firecracker....BOOM!

Top: Old Navy; Shorts: DIY (similar/similar); Sandals: Tory Burch (similar); 
Hat: Standard Style (similar);Necklace: BaublesbyAndrea (coming soon to Etsy);
 Shades: ULTA (similar); 
Lip Color: Ruby Opera L'Oreal Extraordinaire (c/o PeopleStyleWatch)

When I was a little girl, I owned an enormous pair of red pom-poms and would chant the following cheer "Firecracker, firecracker, boom, boom, boom!" So it's only appropriate that I chant that cheer while posting about my Fourth of July look. 

I couldn't believe how gorgeous the weather was for our Fourth of July. We had temps in the mid 80s and the three of us spent the afternoon at Deanna Rose. It was a perfect day. And so was this outfit! Can you believe how perfect this fabric is for getting into the red, white, and blue spirit? My mom and I bought the fabric so long ago and it was literally laying on the floor of her sewing room. I immediately knew it had to become shorts! I found the top at Old Navy while shopping for a cute patriotic shirt for McKinley and I made the necklace the night before the fourth. Nothing like whipping up a look in less than 24 hours!




 

Another BaublesbyAndrea creation that will be coming to my Etsy shop soon. I'm loving the mix of fabric beads with other textures. I can't wait to keep playing with this concept!



Even though these shorts were my go-to Fourth piece, I know they are going to be booming with possibilities all summer long!

No comments: