Monday, July 21, 2014

Colorful Stripes

Top: J.Crew Factory; Shorts: Target; Tennies: Jack Parcell via DSW (similar); 
Backpack: Coach (old/similar); Shades: Prada; Hat: Arden B. (similar); 
Necklaces: The Zoe Collective/Stella & Dot (1/2); 
Lip Color: Laura Geller Beauty Raspberry Roast

Last week we experienced the Summer Vortex and temps literally hovered in the upper 70s/lower 80s. Sure it was a nice change of pace, but we're in July! And, we live in Kansas. I'm expecting high humidity and hot! And, I kind of missed it. But because the temps were so low, McKinley and I took total advantage and did a lot of outdoor activities. Last Thursday we toured the Kauffman Garden, took a Fountain Tour (a made up tour by me where we walk around the Plaza and look at all the lovely fountains), headed to Crown Center for lunch at his favorite restaurant, and continued the Fountain Tour outside of Crown Center. 

I was excited to wear my newest stripes from J.Crew Factory. I am in love with this colorful version as I'm heavy on black and navy. Paired with white shorts, the color just pops. I decided to go with tennies, something I rarely do, but with all the walking, they were a must. But I have to say, I love them with this look. Super cute, no? And finally, the return of the backpack. I'm not sure why I don't care this more often. I just brings the whole look together.



 What do you think of our crop of corn? It's looking pretty good, if I do say so myself! And yes, this is in my backyard along the fence row! Corn in the 'burbs!





What are your go-to pieces when out and about during the summer? Stay tuned for my list of must-haves later in the week! Can't wait to share!

Happy Monday!
XOXO

No comments: