Monday, April 7, 2014

On the Hunt - Anything Camo!

A huge trend this season is camo! I've avoided the fabric for a while now, but after seeing several bloggers wearing various pieces at KCFW, and seeing Jessica Sturdy of Bows and Sequins wearing this darling top, I knew it was time to bite the fashion bullet! I am on a major hunt for camo.

I'm not sure if I want to invest in a top or pant. I love Jessica's top, my inspiration, but it's sold out. Also, I guess it kind of depends on the fabric itself; is too green, too black, too light, too dark? I may just go with what calls to me while browsing. So far, these are the pieces that have caught my eye. (My husband would say, how can you see it? It's camo.)

I am totally into the lounge trend for spring! Drawstring waists are just about the most comfortable thing you can wear, and with it being "on-trend", I am just fine with filling my closet full. These from Piperlime are a great casual piece, but I think you can dress them up with heels. 


 The skirt or short from Old Navy would be cute for summer. Again, they are both casual pieces, but could totally be dressed up with heels or fun accessories. I'm loving the darker tone on the shorts though.


This top from Old Navy is definitely a contender! I love the muted tones and sheerness of the blouse. This is a piece that could be styled with almost anything.
 

As you know, I'm a huge fan of this cut of pant from J.Crew. So much so I own them in navy, olive, and gray! I love the mix of green and navy versus the browns posted above. I think there are more styling options available with these colors. 


Lastly, this sweatshirt from J.Crew is on the list as well. However, it's getting a little late to start investing in sweatshirts, especially a trendy one. But the colors are great and I love how it's styled with white jeans for summer. Maybe a sweatshirt isn't a bad idea....


 What do you think of the camo trend? Something worth investing in or something to just pass off as a phase? I'm thinking one little piece won't hurt!

Happy Monday!
XOXO

No comments: