Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Midi Skirt


 Top: J.Crew (gift); Skirt: ASOS; Tights: We Love Colors; Pumps: Sam Edelman;
Belt: ?; Shades: MARC by Marc Jacobs; Lip Color: NARS Shanghai Express;
Necklace: Jane Basch (gift) Gloves: Target

Several months ago I blogged about the midi skirt in my weekly Dream to Reality segment. At the time, I had my eye on a floral version, but when I finally made the investment, I went for a black. To test out a trend, one that's still very hot, I decided that I should go for a more basic color. A color that allowed me to trial the item and to see how many times I could style it. (In all honesty, I wish I had gone a size smaller. This has an elastic waist and I felt it was a little too roomy.) 

I knew immediately that I wanted to pair this top with the skirt. I just love the playful print and thought it would amp the basic black. I tried several shoes and decided that the suede version really helped lengthen my leg. A patten leather version was too shiny and seemed to cut off the look. I'm thinking for future stylings of pairing it with this sweater, this jacket, and possibly this t-neck. And, I'm thinking of going for a more bold print next time around! Hello spring....

 
 

The Top: Before and After

http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2014/01/big-hairfreezing-temps.html





No comments: