Wednesday, January 29, 2014

No Lumberjack Here!


Coat: JC Penney (gift/old); Sweater: Ann Taylor (old); Denim Shirt: J.Crew Factory;
Skirt: Helmut Lang via Gilt; Boots: Nordstrom; Tights: We Love Colors; Lip Color: MAC Dark Side;
Gloves: Target; Earrings: Silpada: Bracelets: Tiffany/Gorjana/Gift

To say that Monday was freezing is an understatement. And to say that I was incredibly brave dumb to take my coat off to grab a photo would be another understatement! I told my dad that morning that getting dressed in this weather is impossible. How do you dress for warmth without looking like a lumberjack?

 I really wanted you to get the full effect of the look. I know you think I'm crazy for wearing a skirt when it's 15 degrees out, but honestly tights can be warmer than jeans and pants. I rediscovered this sweater the other day, but remembered why I shy away from it in the winter. Because it's short sleeved, I decided to layer my trusty denim shirt for warmth. Bulk aside, I really like this winter weather look. And I didn't have to dress like a lumberjack! (No offense to any lumberjack's that read this post!)



 The Skirt: Before and After

http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2013/10/asymmetrical-investment.html
 



No comments: