Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blowin' in the Wind


 Jacket: Levi's; Dress: J.Crew; T-Neck: Bitten; Tights: We Love Colors; Heels: Sam Edelman;
Belt: Ann Taylor; Necklace: Ann Taylor; Rings: Gorjana via Gilt; Shades: MARC by Marc Jacobs;
Lip Color: Clinique Red Drama

 The wind yesterday was ridiculous! I mean ridiculous. I literally thought at one point it was going to pick me up and blow me away. And my hair! Let's not even get started. I used a new product and it was a complete waste. I brought along bobby pins, just in case, but they weren't even worth the effort!

I love the look though. There is literally layer after layer here and every one of them was needed! This is a short sleeved sheath so a t-neck was a must! The denim jacket helped keep it casual and the belt helped keep the bulk at bay. 
 


  
Styling Tip: When adding a top underneath a dress, or under sweaters, tuck said top into your undergarment. It helps keep it from creeping up throughout the day. I tucked my t-neck into my tights. Also, when wearing a dress or skirt without lining, add a slip. The garment has a tendency to stick to the tights and no one needs unnecessary cling!






No comments: